End of Week Review (Jan 17-22)
Welcome to the Dividend Beginner’s end of week review; a lot happened this week so I’d like to summarize. I’m not certain if this will be an ongoing thing, and it will probably be subject to how involved I am in the market on a week-to-week basis and depending on how much time I have to write. I’ve been pretty lucky so far in January to have a decent amount of time to do some in-depth research and to write. Hopefully this continues through 2016 and we can grow the Dividend Beginner community!
Following are the posts I wrote for the Dividend Beginner blog this week, posts I enjoyed by other investment bloggers, and articles which revolve around stocks I either hold or am interested in.
Next Week on Dividend Beginner
Stay tuned to this blog, coming out next week will be a Dividend Stock Analysis of Metro Inc (TSE: MRU), the stock seems very conservative of wealth while pushing new highs and growing their dividend by double-digit percentages. Make sure to subscribe to the blog and you can get the post in your e-mail inbox, or you can return to the web site and check it out!
METRO INC. is a Canada-based food retailer and distributor. The Company operates a network of supermarkets, discount stores and drugstores. The Company has approximately 800 food stores operating under the banners Metro, Metro Plus, Super C and Food Basics. The Company has approximately 250 drugstores and pharmacies operating under the banners Brunet, Clini Plus, Pharmacy and Drug Basics. The Company’s product is Gril Rouge and its main brand is Irresistibles. The Company’s services are coinstar, pre-filled bbq tanks, metro gift cards, ready to order platters, olg lottery games terminal, floral services and pharmacy services.
I’ll also be publishing a post concerning my recent buy this week. I purchased 25 shares of RY, which increases my 12-month forward dividend income by $79.00, and the ex-dividend date is today, January 22, so I picked them up at the perfect time. Even better, I bought my shares at a $65.40 in between the Bank of Canada rate announcement as it was dropping. Shares of RY right now, two days later, are trading at $69.34.
Hopefully next week is just as exciting as this past one. The TSX really jumped Thursday-Friday, snapping the expected oncoming bear market – let’s see what happens next.
Dividend Beginner’s Posts
- Recent Purchase: Alaris Royalty (AD)
- Dividend Cut: Whitecap Resources (WCP)
- Dividend Cut: Pengrowth Energy Corp. (PGF)
- GUEST POST: Why You Should Average Down On Existing Positions on the Roadmap2Retire blog
Dividend Bloggers’ Posts
- Canadian Banks – US Investors Should Look Out For This Threat by Roadmap2Retire
- Recent Buys: January 20 2016 by Dividend Hustler
- The Rise of Dividend Growth Investing by Freedom 35 Blog
- Getting Defensive with Defense Stocks by DivHut
- How Quick Can You Reach Financial Independence by Passive Income Pursuit
- 4 Recent Buys – ADM, JNJ, PG, UN by Dividend Lord
- 2016 Predictions by My Own Advisor
- Which “Always Buy” Stock Is The Cheapest? by Dividend Diplomats
- Recent Buy (NYSE: UNP) by A Frugal Family’s Journey
- Second round buys of 2016 by Monsieur Dividende
- A Look At TK by Dividend Diatribes
- BoC holds rates; bets stimulus, global gains will ease economic pain
- Nenshi slams Montreal mayor for opposition to Energy East pipeline
- More Bad News for Valeant Pharmaceuticals Intl Inc.
- Why Toronto-Dominion Bank Stock Is Lower Risk Than Royal Bank of Canada
- RBC sells home and auto insurance business to Aviva Canada
- Minimum Wage Hikes Could Add to Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.’s Woes
Remember to subscribe to The Dividend Beginner blog to get e-mail notifications when I post my dividend stock analysis of Metro Inc. and describe my purchase points for Royal Bank of Canada this past week. There is a subscribe button at the top-right of the page. Thanks for your support.